What is it.
Retinoids are a class of compounds derived from Vitamin A that target signs of aging and textural irregularities. This creamy and hydrating formulation combines two forms of next-generation retinoid actives:
a) A 2% concentration of Granactive Retinoid, which is a complex of solubilized Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate (HPR). HPR is a non-prescription ester of all-trans direct retinoic acid that offers similar visible results as topical retinol, without the irritation associated with retinoids (including retinol).
b) A sustained-delivery form of retinol in a protective capsule system which supports both the delivery and the effect of Granactive Retinoid.
These technologies cannot be compared directly with retinol itself in terms of concentration because they include a different retinoid molecule, in a similar way that Retinol cannot be compared with Retinoic Acid in terms of concentration. If you have interest in a retinol product, please refer to The Ordinary's Retinol portfolio.
- An Emulsion of 0.2% Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate
How to use:
- Apply a few drops to face in the PM as part of your skincare regimen. Do not use with other retinoid treatments. Use sun protection in the AM.
Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Ethyl Linoleate, Propanediol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Bisabolol, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Retinol, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-12, Ceteareth-20, Cetearyl Alcohol, Carrageenan, Xanthan Gum, Acacia Senegal Gum, Cetyl Palmitate, Sucrose Laurate, Polysorbate 20, Behentrimonium Chloride, Potassium Citrate, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzoic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
At THE ICONIC we do our best to provide you with accurate information about product ingredients, based on information provided to us by our Suppliers. For the most complete and up-to-date information, please refer to the product packaging.
The Ordinary Retinol portfolio:
The Ordinary’s extended portfolio of retinoids includes the following formulations:
- Granactive Retinoid 2% Emulsion (Moderate Strength, No Irritation)
- Granactive Retinoid 2% in Squalane (Moderate Strength, No Irritation)
- Granactive Retinoid 5% in Squalane (High Strength, No to Low Irritation)
- Retinol 0.2% in Squalane (Low Strength, Moderate Irritation)
- Retinol 0.5% in Squalane (Moderate Strength, High Irritation)
- Retinol 1% in Squalane (High Strength, Very High Irritation)
PLEASE NOTE: When pregnant or breastfeeding, it is recommended to avoid any skincare products containing retinoids such as formulations with Granactive Retinoid or Retinol.